Fully handmade and based on the Classic American 6/4 CC tuba as used in the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the new “Chicago-Presence” is manufactured lightweight with new design leadpipe and 18” bell to provide more presence, improved intonation and the ease of response of a 5/4 tuba.
An orchestral tuba for the 21st Century!
- Bore, valves 1-3: 0.75” (19mm)
- Bore 4th valve: 0.79” (20mm)
- Bore 5th valve: 0.87” (22mm)
- Bell: 18” (450mm)
- Height: 36.5” (93cm)
- Weight: 22lb (10kg)
- Based on design of original York CC as played in Chicago Symphony Orchestra with enhancements by Chuck Nickles, ex-US Army Band Europe
- Entirely handmade with hand hammered bell and larger bows
- New designed leadpipe to improve response
- Exceedingly lightweight due to the hand-made manufacturing
- All nickel slides
- Stainless Steel valves which are vented for smooth legato playing
- Wyvern Engraved valve buttons
- Supplied in latched hard case
- Supplied with Wessex CHUCK custom mouthpiece
Every Tuba individually Quality checked and approved by Chuck Nickles before accepted at factory
CC 6/4 Front-Piston Tuba "Chicago-Presence"
Please note that pricing is an estimate and will depend on the available exchange rate available and changes in pricing from our supplier. Contact us for an exact quote. Note our price will include GST and import duty, which overseas prices will exclude.