Often played by military bands travelling on horseback in the early part of the 20th century, the Compensating Tuba ‘Cavalry’ takes its name from days gone by; a modern twist on a forgotten classic.
With four compensated valves and a 19” bell for producing great, broad tones, the ‘Cavalry’ is ideally suited to use in bands or orchestras.
This beautiful instrument makes a wonderful alternative to the standard British top valve Eb Tuba; offering an improved layout that leaves the left hand free for operating slides to make fine tuning adjustments whilst playing.
- Key: Eb
- Bell: 19” (480mm)
- Valves: 4 compensated piston valves
- Bore: valves 1 to 3 0.69″ (17.5mm), 4th valve 0.73” (18.65mm)
- Weight: 17½ lb (8kg)
- Based on British Cavalry tuba of early 20th century
- Open wrap for free blowing
- Stainless steel valves for reliable operation
- Vented valves for smooth legato playing
- Nickel slides
- Supplied in hard latched wheeled case
Eb Front Piston Compensated Tuba ‘Cavalry’
Please note that pricing is an estimate and will depend on the available exchange rate available and changes in pricing from our supplier. Contact us for an exact quote. Note our price will include GST and import duty, which overseas prices will exclude.